Saturday, June 18, 2011

Time flies

Time does fly when you're having fun, but also when you're not. It just passes, is that not okay to say? Anyways, for me, YES, time has indeed flown. Months and months have been consumed doing many things. Recently a group of friends and I were talking about blogging, and I realized that mine has sort of become a catch-all for lists and randomness. And I was also thinking about how it urks me when people have to try really really hard to think up what to write in their blog. However, different blogs have different purposes, but mine is to share my experiences, thoughts, and see if anyone else has experienced something similar. It's not to teach lessons or force my opinion upon your life; just a sharing opportunity. I'll let you in on what's been going on...this is the short version because my mind and self have been wandering to MANY different places lately.

January
I spent most of this month dreaming, looking, and calculating out how God had allowed me the opportunity to invest in a home. 4 weeks to the day that I looked at a house, I owned it. That leads to February.

February
Mid-month I was a homeowner and had the help of dear friends to move in. Then started the unpacking...which took forever because of what occurred over the next month. You'll see. The cleaning, organizing, getting used to it all...whew! how tiring! Well worth it.

March
Early in the month, a group from our church (plus a few folks scattered around the outskirts of Houston) went to Honduras to spread the Good News of our Savior, Jesus Christ to a community there. It was on this trip that the Lord confirmed that one day I will be a full-time missionary overseas. When I was little one of my many answers to "What do you want to be when you grow up?" was "Missionary" and even though I will probably never be any of those other things (teacher, WNBA basketball player) at least one of them has been confirmed, right? ;) I was back for a few days before I headed to Vancouver, Canada to work for a week. We got a lot done, and I definitely would like to visit Vancouver again someday.

April
The month of the blur. I spent most of this month unpacking everything in my house (aka in the first 7 days haha) and then welcomed friends and family over for housewarming parties and visits so they could share in this experience with me. I was also finally free of paying for 2 living situations at the same time - WOOHOO! Many little home improvements here and there began to occur. Then, at my first housewarming party a lovely ceiling leak was discovered. It took an entire month with many different appointments here and there to tear out 2/3 of a bedroom ceiling, repair the leak, replace insulation, and get the drywall/ceiling put back up. Also, both of my toilets were broken at the same time, but I fixed them using the help of internet how-to pages. Thank you, internet!

May
Mid-month I left for my first real vacation in....I'm not sure how long. I don't think I ever went on vacation in college, besides weekend trips, so it's been a while. My vacation days are usually spent on mission trips, or camp, or something with church and I love it! Sooo after a Mediterranean cruise filled with 7 days, 6 ports of call (5 countries), I was beat. As soon as I came back from there I have been going like an energizer bunny ever since. I cannot believe that was only a month ago.

June
We've been really busy at work, and I'm trying to get used to the "summer is here so everyone wants to do fun things but I'm really exhausted" phase again. My first niece ever was born a week ago, and I'm really excited to share in her growing up with my Brother and Sister-in-law. Our family is really blessed to live so close to each other :-) Vacation Bible School has already come and gone. In 4 days we are leaving for Student Camp. So excited!

While I have been extremely busy, I have not been keeping up with my "bible through the year" reading exactly in order, but I've definitely still been doing my reading. Along with reading a book a friend gave me called "The Power of  Praying Woman." That is definitely an area of my Spiritual Walk that I have always struggled with, so it's been neat to put into practice directly what I have been learning - especially in these insanely busy times! And this communication with the Lord is definitely the only thing that has kept me grounded in these months of uncertainty and priority-setting.

Until next time,
LeeAnn

No comments:

Post a Comment